RP Anon

Fanfiction rping of the clean variety.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's a Round Robin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PatriciaLouise
First Year

PostSubject: What's a Round Robin?   Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Well, I'm here to answer that question for you! A round robin is a story, written by several different people. How does that differ from a text RPG? Well, first of all, you will set a premise with basic rules... and this one is just an example from a fic I wish to write one day, so I'll ask that no one actually use this one.

EXAMPLE:

Premise: Crossover idea. The Winchesters have been brought to Castevania to defeat Dracula. Must be written through Dean's point of view. Must contain Alucard and Castiel. Can NOT kill off any of the main characters, i.e. Dean, Sam, Castiel, Alucard.

From there, someone, either the original poster or someone else, would write a paragraph to kick the story off. This can either be a short descriptive/prose paragraph, or a paragraph of dialogue, or both. But you generally want to limit your prose to the lenght of a 1/4 to 1/2 page worth of MS Word. And from then on, everyone writes to continue the story until it just ends.

I think that covers it. If I've flubbed a rule or something, let me know and I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://patriciapuckett.yolasite.com

What's a Round Robin?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1